Wisdom can be found in the most unlikely of places, even in an imaginary land called the Hundred Acre Wood. Many of us grew up watching and reading the misadventures of Winnie the Pooh and his colorful friends, but perhaps we've forgotten the qualities that these lovable characters possessed and tried to pass on to us bright-eyed wee ones. Here are some timeless quotes from that cuddly yellow bear, reminding us that wisdom can be cultivated at any age.
1. "You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
2. "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day."
3. "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
4. "Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem."
5. "What day is it?"
"It's today," squeaked Piglet!
"My favorite day," said Pooh.
6. "You're braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think."
7. "Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more… to give way to the happiness of the person you love."
8. "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference."
9. "Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering."
10. "If there ever comes a day we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever."
11. "The things that make me different are the things that make me."
Compiled by Rajmani Sinclair